Volcanic Potassium Alum crystal is used in its completely natural crystal form. These are small pieces just so you can confirm that it actually works and doesn’t cause sensitivity! Alum has been used as deodorant, an aftershave, shaver’s styptic and for insect bite relief for thousands of years. It is so useful that we are supplying two completely natural alum crystals. Volcanically formed Alum Crystals – potassium alum bisulphate, should not be confused ammonium alum which is inferior and may contain harmful contaminants and irritants. Commercial ammonium alum, or the industrial waste from the nylon factories, is not as effective at deodorizing as the completely natural Volcanic Alum. Generally, if the alum is packed in a tube, if it is a regular size and weight, then it is commercial ammonium alum. many people say that this type of deodorant is not very effective and causes rashes and sensitive skin. Our fully traceable volcanically formed potassium Alum Crystals are simply collected from the desert surface in Morocco for us, placed in sacks and shipped to the UK. They are then knapped into a range of sizes. If you want to deodorize effectively, economically and safely, choose the natural volcanic alum. Alum has anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, astringent, haemostatic, antiseptic and antibiotic properties. So here you are, a real alum crystal for deodorizing and another smaller piece for traveling, or other uses such as insect bite relief and shaving cuts.
- Volcanic alum is a highly effective deodorant or shavers styptic. It does not stain clothes or leave white marks. It is very economical. It is very pleasant to use. It works even on athletes, yet it is very gentle on sensitive skin. We always get excellent feedback on our potassium alum. Be prepared to be astonished yourself!
- Pure and completely natural, exactly as nature made it. No added ingredients at all. Fully biodegradable with biodegradable packaging. Low carbon-footprint. Naturally unfragranced.
- Volcanic alum is considered safe for deodorizing sensitive skins. It seals shaving cuts and calm shaving rash. It does not enter the skin as the molecules are too large and they have a negative charge. Many people who are allergic to ordinary deodorants get along very well with volcanic alum. People who have had breast or lymph trouble should only ever use volcanic alum. On request we can provide additional recourses for deodorizing sensitive skin.
- Alum has anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, astringent, haemostatic, antiseptic and antibiotic properties.
- Potassium alum is a deodorant. It kills microbes on the skin surface. No microbes, no odour. Potassium alum is not an anti-perspirant. Anti-perspirants containing for example aluminium chlorodhydrate, send aluminium ions inside the sweat glands which block them preventing the exit of sweat. In our opinion, anti-persirants are potentially dangerous. We only endorse fully natural and safe deodorants which stay on the surface of the skin.