About Cacao The Latin name for the cacao plant, Theobroma cacao literally means ‘Food of the Gods.’ From the ancient Greek ‘theos’ meaning god, and ‘broma’ meaning food. Native to South America, the cacao tree has been revered throughout the ages.
The Maya believed that kakaw (cacao) was discovered by the gods in a mountain that contained delectable foods to be used by them. In ancient Mexico City it was deemed so valuable, it was used it as currency.
- 40 times more antioxidants than blueberries – phytochemical analysis show it is one of the most chemically complex foods on earth.
- Can contain up to 10% its weight in flavonoids.
- Highest whole food source of magnesium for healthy hair, skin and nails.
- Excellent source of dietary fibre, iron, potassium, phosphorus, copper and manganese.
- Good source of protein, potassium and zinc.
- Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, E, 10 Essential Amino Acids and Omega 6.
- Scientific studies have shown cacao stimulates the release of endorphins.
- It contains feel-good compounds – monoamine oxidase enzyme (MAO) inhibitors, phenylethylamine and anandamide.
- Very low amount of caffeine, much less than found in coffee.
How to use Raw cacao powder has an exquisite cocoa aroma and rich flavour, ideal for chocolate making, desserts, baking, hot drinks and smoothies. It has a slightly bitter taste therefore is best enjoyed with something sweet like bananas, goji berries, or bee pollen.
- Natural Raw Cacao – made from the finest roasted cocoa beans.
- SOPA Certified Organic – no artificial colours, preservatives, or added sugar.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.