Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) is a naturally occurring free fatty acid. Dairy products are the richest source of CLA however they are found in small amounts. CLA is found in larger amounts when animals have been grass-fed. This explains the recent popularity in the Paleo diet where foods such as grass-fed beef are consumed. However, to consume enough CLA from a regular diet it would require a large intake of these foods. CLA is a popular fat loss supplement and is often found in fat loss formulas. Studies have shown that CLA reduces body fat. CLA does this by helping the body effectively divert calories that are usually stored in the fat cells, towards the muscle cells. A study with 60 overweight people supplemented with CLA, whilst a placebo group took nothing. Those who supplemented with CLA lost weight, and those who didn’t actually gained weight. The same study found that the same group of subjects that lost weight actually gained muscle mass. Another study showed an increase in strength, muscular endurance, fat free mass and lower fat mass when subjects supplemented with 6g of CLA with 5g of Creatine Monohydrate per day over a period of six months combined with resistance training. This study suggests that CLA has a synergistic effect with Creatine Monohydrate.
- Great slimming aid to any training program or diet
- Improves body composition by promoting fat loss & increasing lean muscle.
- Increases basal metabolic rate which leads to more calories burned whilst resting
- Non Stimulant Fat burner (Can be taken before bed)
- A naturally occurring free fatty acid that is lacking in most diets.