Spirulina is a blue-green algae that grows in warm, alkaline fresh waters around the world. It is one of the few plant sources of vitamin B12, and is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It contains nutrients including B complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid). Spirulina contains 60-70% protein, compared to white fish which has 25% protein, chicken (25-30%) or lean beef (23%). It is the richest wholefood source of Vitamin B12, and nature’s richest wholefood source of Vitamin E. Spirulina contains 100 times more Beta Carotene than papaya and 25 times more than carrots. The oils in Spirulina contain 3 times the amount of GLA than Evening Primrose Oil, and Spirulina contains 58 times more Iron than spinach and is 28 times richer in Iron than raw beef liver. USE: Take 2 capsules with a meal three times daily. (100 capsules per bottle)
- AVAILABLE ONLY from UK Sellers. This superfood has an amazing array of nutrients, and the highest protein content of any natural food.
- It is a source of eight essential amino acids, as well as minerals, natural plant sugars, trace minerals and enzymes.
- Spirulina is recognised to be the most complete food source known; no other food contains as many nutrients as spirulina.
- It is especially rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, beta carotene and B complex, including B-12 (not found in plant foods), and chlorophyll.
- Spirulina is also rich in essential fatty acids, carotenoids and a full spectrum of minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium and zinc.