What is Krill oil? Krill are shrimp-like crustaceans which feed on algae. The oil extracted is from the Euphausia Superba species which are rich in Omega-3. For Healthy Heart, Joints and Immune Support | Sustainably Fished by Aker BioMarine | 500mg x 60 Marine Soft Gel Capsules | Produced in the UK under GMP Certification. Like fish oil, Krill oil contains both of the Omega-3 fats, eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexanoic acid (DHA), but hooked together in a different form. Most fish and cod liver oils are in a triglyceride form, but Krill oil is in a phospholipid form which is more stable and has the addition of naturally occurring astaxanthin which helps the stabilisation process further.
- BENEFICIAL FOR: • High cholesterol • Heart disease • High blood pressure • Arthritis • Liver function • Blood sugar health • Brain function • Blood lipid health • Premenstrual syndrome • Depression • Immune function • Healthy joints • Inflammation • Memory and concentration • Fighting the signs of ageing • Protection for cell membranes • Nervous system function
- PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME Taking krill oil supplements can have very beneficial effects on the health and well-being of women. In particular, it can alleviate the symptoms of dysmenorrhoea (a gynaecological medical condition characterised by severe uterine pain during menstruation), as well as the emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- ARTHRITIS: Krill oil demonstrates significant anti-inflammatory properties and it can help to reduce chronic inflammation, such as rheumatoid arthritis and other joint pains. It is thought that this is because krill oil acts by inhibiting inflammatory mediators like thromboxane, prostacyclin and leukotrienes produced by cells in response to inflammation.
- CHOLESTEROL: Krill oil is being studied as a natural remedy for high cholesterol and is thought to boost levels of HDL or “good” cholesterol and reduce the harmful effects of LDL or “bad” cholesterol significantly. Combined with the omega-3 fatty acids naturally present in it and its anti-inflammatory properties, krill oil can act to reduce the risk of heart attacks and support the cardiovascular system
- DEPRESSION: Krill oil is used in the treatment of resistant depression and cognitive disorders, but it is not just in the treatment of depression that EPA has beneficial effects: taking pure EPA supplements also has benefits for concentration, ADD (attention deficit disorder), ADHD (attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder), OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), mood, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (formerly known as manic depression).