Vitamin C is water-soluble. This means it is excreted in the urine and can be quickly depleted from the body, which means a daily vitamin like Ultra Vitamin C can help to safeguard your daily intake. Ultra C may be especially suitable for: • Athletes, Sportswomen and Sportsmen. • Those with hectic lifestyles. • Immune support. • The over 50s Antioxidant Support;Vitamin C is an antioxidant and essential co-factor in the functioning of the body’s own natural antioxidant enzymes that helps to neutralise free radicals. Bioflavonoids are a group of plant pigments that are responsible for the colours of many fruits. Citrus bioflavonoids are those bioflavonoids, or flavonoids, found in citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, tangerine, grapefruit, etc. Vitamin C possesses antioxidant activities to support the body’s ability to neutralise free radicals and protects the body’s tissues and cells from oxidative damage. Free radicals are produced in excess due to exposure to pollution, sunlight and many other factors such as cigarette smoke, and modern day-to-day living. Collagen Synthesis;Vitamin C is needed as a co-factor for collagen formation, collagen is need to help keep skin healthy, supple and strong, and the healthy formation of cartilage, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels. A Normal Immune and Nervous System;Extra vitamin C is important for the normal functioning of the immune and nervous system. Supporting Iron Absorption;Several foods and beverages contain substances that inhibit iron absorption, including tea and coffee.. Taking vitamin C with dietary iron can help support absorption of dietary iron, the mineral essential for healthy blood formation. Vitamin C may be especially helpful for those people with an active lifestyle. This product is blister packed to keep each tablet fresh by reducing exposure to the atmosphere.
- Ultra(TM) Vitamin C provides slow release vitamin C formulated with 25mg of citrus bioflavonoids, for maximum absorption and effectiveness.
- Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune and nervous systems and overall health
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant and a co-factor in the functioning of the body’s own natural antioxidant enzymes.
- Vitamin C is a co-factor for collagen synthesis, the substance that keeps skin healthy, supple and strong. It contributes to normal collagen formation and the normal function of bones, teeth, cartilage, skin and blood vessels.
- All Ultra(TM) products (excluding Ultra(TM) Vit B Complex) can be taken alongside any multinutrient product in the Vitabiotics range for that additional boost.