B vitamins play an essential role in the metabolism of foods and converting them into energy. They are also needed for healthy hair, skin, eyes, liver and to feed the nervous system. During periods of stress our bodies demand for B vitamins increases. A lack of these water soluble vitamins could result in low energy levels, fatigue and nutritional deficiencies. Water soluble means that the body cannot store these vitamins so we have to ensure adequate intake daily to prevent nutritional deficiency. B6, also known as pyridoxine is required for the normal balance of hormones in women and is recommended for women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome (PMS) to help with symptoms such a mood swings. Neulife vitamin B6 is needed for normal brain development and function, and helps the body make the hormone serotonin which influences mood. Along with vitamins B12 and folic acid, B6 helps control levels of homocysteine in the blood. Homocysteine is an amino acid that may be associated with heart disease. The body needs B6 in order to absorb B12 and to make red blood cells and cells of the immune system. For this reason it is important to take a vitamin B complex alongside any individual B vitamin.
- Essential to help the normal balance of hormones within women and can help combat symptoms of PMS such as mood swings
- Needed for normal brain function and development
- Helps the body release energy from food
- Helps maintain healthy hair and skin
- Provides support to the eyes, liver and nervous system